Friday, September 12, 2008

Dixie Chick

Hi, all,

So. I was driving down a 6-lane divided highway in Seguin this afternoon when I saw something odd. A young white chicken walking in tight circles. I stopped the car (luckily, nobody was coming), put it in park, started the emergency flashers, jumped out, grabbed the chicken, put her in the passenger-side footwell, and took off.

Oh, she was scrawny, filthy, and obviously ill. Once I was able to pull into a gas station, I put her in a box and gave her some water with a syringe until she was able to drink out of a sawed-off water bottle. That's when I noticed what was playing on the radio. Jim, you'll like this: it was "Dixie Chicken" by Little Feat.

We're guessing she fell off a poultry truck and has a head injury, but she may have some sort of neurological disease, so she's in quarantine in the laundry room for now.

If you're feeling sympathetic, please send a nice thought Dixie's way.

Love from Spring Branch,

Robin

P.S. Ike is probably not going to have a big impact here, but we are fretting a little about the Houston relatives, so send them nice thoughts as well.

No comments: