Wednesday, January 14, 2009

September 18, 2004, continued



Yesterday, (Friday) we had a group tour of Westminster Abbey during which our tour guide danced on Darwin’s grave. That wasn’t the highlight, but I thought it was worth mentioning. You’ll have to do the tour yourselves some day; it’s political and church history, art and architecture appreciation, symbology, religion, and lots more rolled into one. Fascinating and exhausting.


For lunch, Kate and I got lost again and stumbled upon a Korean restaurant where we ate our weight in delicious food and then browsed around in a huge, independent bookstore. In the afternoon, my creative writing class went to the Sherlock Holmes museum for inspiration.



It was okay, but I probably would have enjoyed it more had I not been so exhausted from the morning and weighed down by bulgogi, rice, miso soup and kimchee.


On the way home, I experienced my first frustration with the tube. The line I needed to take was shut down for a “police incident,” and I was forced to do some creative detouring.



Last night I decided to stay in to catch up on my sleep. I think I’m ready for another fun-filled week. Hope you enjoy the pictures.


Love from London,


Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Didn't know how else to tell you you won some books over at the crime time cafe. I need an address, however...